1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

"Hammertime" a short Comic I did...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blazer, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Disclosures:
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Okay, I'm a big fan of the MTV series "Daria" because of the dark humor. And I've been drawing Daria fan comics for years.

I had this idea for quite some time and the more I thought of it the funnier it became, so here's a three page comic involving The quarterback who after hearing an off-the-cuff remark sets out in search of the truth and it takes him to a hardware store...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

Very nice. Please tell me you've done some comics featuring Mystik Spiral. :D
  3. Blazer

Blazer

Disclosures:
    Yes I did. Want to see some?
  4. electracoyote

electracoyote

Not bad. A little smile started to creep across my face by the end.

Cartooning good jokes is not easy. Every successful cartoonists' early work probably looked a lot like yours. Keep at it. Like most things in life, they improve if we just don't quit.
  5. Blazer

Blazer

Disclosures:
    Well it is now that when I put my pen to paper that things flow out, I don't have to strain anymore like when I did when I started cartooning, and you can tell when you see my very early work.

[​IMG]
    I abandoned this type of drawing because it didn't feel natural, my current way of drawing comes natural to me so I'll stick with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and here's a Mystik Spiral comic.
    [​IMG]