1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

hammond organ sound for cheap

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jlt5x, May 25, 2010.

1. jlt5x

jlt5x Supporting Member

I currently have a Bass MicroSynth and it about the only thing I use it for is the cool Deep Purpley organ sound, and that is not very often. It is too expensive and too big to hold on to for that.

So, Is there a smaller cheaper pedal - maybe one of the other synth pedals - that can give me this sound? Maybe the syb-3 combined with some distortion?

Thanks!

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

I have no experience with those synth pedals. But I love organ sounds too.

The EHX POG is amazing for that, but more for a classic organ.

Hammond... overdrive plus leslie effect (or sinewave tremelo)

I recently tried to mix those while borrowing some of my guitarist's pedals:

BOSS LS-2 to blend 2 loops:
    Loop A: some Ibanez Tubescreamer plus my EBS TremoLo
    Loop B: EHX POG plus Line 6 Verbzilla.

It sounded awesome. :)

Look into overdrive and Leslie effect. :)

3. amroach

amroach

I get my Organ sounds using a Micro Pog and a jim dunlop volume controller for manual attack control.

On top of that i like mixing it up with some DD-3 and Proco Rat for extra tone, Not a cheap way but sounds awesome.

im still looking for something to get a good leslie sound.

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge

Like the others above, I've found a good method of getting a more-than-reasonably-good B3-type sound using my E-H MicroPog, my Xotic BB overdrive/distortion for that wonderfully dirty B3 tone (but any decent quality overdrive will do), a delay set pretty fast but with fairly quick decay of the repeats, and a Volume Pedal as well for manual fade-in-and-outs. As for other methods, I haven't heard of any other way to pull it off unless you're going the MIDI or Roland VG "virtual" route - compared to those, a MicroPOG, overdrive, delay & Volume pedal (all of which can be certainly be used for other effects) is the easiest & cheapest method. I'm pretty sure there's no "one pedal" solution to it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Aaroneous

Aaroneous

Once you've played a hot-rodded C3 into two cranked Leslies, NOTHING sounds like a Hammond organ.
    ;)

7. 6810

Seems like every man and his dog are trying to squeeze organs (oh the punnery) out of their guitars…

My advice? How about a laptop running Reaper with a Korg micro controller and a B3 type plugin? Light, easy to use and setup and mostly free if you have the computer to start.

8. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

yes. +1.

9. Basstovsky

Basstovsky The guy with the dumb username... Supporting Member

Has anyone tried the Line 6 Roto-Machine pedal for a rotary effect?
    The POG and overdrive gets me halfway to the sound but I really need a good rotary sound to get that thick swirling effect like in the beginning of Deep Purples "Lazy"