1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hard Case and Gig Bag for Gretsch G2202?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alien Yeti, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Alien Yeti

Alien Yeti

Hi all,

I have a Gretsch G2202 that I've been playing for a while now, and I'd like to get a hard case and/or gig bag for it. The gig bag I have now seems too big, and I'd like to get something more secure.

I've looked around online, but I'm not really sure what would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Olde Axeman

Olde Axeman

At one time, I had a Gretsch 2202, a Dano Longhorn, a Samick Corsair shortscale bass, plus a Strat and Tele guitar. The basses in particular were all inexpensive axes so I didn't want to buy $200 hardshell cases for basses that cost less than $200, and I've had disastrous experiences with gig bags.

The case below worked well with all 5 of the above axes so I bought 5 of 'em. They are a low-end, no frills case but I've had 'em for 4 years now and they work pretty well (much better than a gig bag anyway). Due to its big bottom, the 2202 had the most snug fit, but but it did not require cramming into the case.

Wait for a 15% off coupon from MF and the cases are about $51 delivered.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-electric-guitar-case

3. Bongolation

Bongolation

I'm told any bag that will fit a Stratocaster will work.

I just picked one of these last Sunday and I don't think the previous owner worried much about this. I counted over thirty dings on the body, some deep enough to cause a bit of wonder. Good thing that plywood body is indestructible! ;)

4. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

5. Register to disable this ad