1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hard Case for YAMAHA TRB JP2?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by McGillBass, May 24, 2012.

1. McGillBass

McGillBass

Hi all, first time posting here, seems like a great community!

I've just made a down-payment on my newest bass, a beautiful Patitucci signature model from Yamaha. Those of you who know the instrument know it's an absolute monster, and this is a problem - it won't fit any of the hard cases available at the store. I looked at the Yamaha website and they don't seem to make a custom case for it.

Does anyone who plays one of these beasts have any ideas where I could get a hard case that will fit my new baby? The instrument pretty much cost me all my money, so I'm hoping to not have to get a custom one made.

Thanks!
    Josh
  2. Mutattra88

Mutattra88

Yamaha has a hardcase for it. Pretty sure it's made by G&G in L.A., Ca. - Part number is GB20JP. I know because my TRB JP2 came with one - a handwritten hang tag was attached to the case handle - and also because the JP2 service manual lists "GB20JP" as the case for the bass. Maybe you can order one through Yamaha. Hope this helps - maybe you've already found a case.
  3. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

Why don't you have G&G make a case for you through one of their dealers. They did the one for my Lakland and it is beautiful.

Dan K.
  4. raveniskcrow

raveniskcrow Supporting Member

You could also call yamaha musical tech support or the Yamaha 24/7 resource portal. I find that when I call they give me the correct numbers for the resource portal. Personally I have a case that I only use when on the road. Most gigs and rehearsal I use the fender black suede case. It cost me about $100.00 bucks and is well padded. I have been using it since I got my bass in the late nineties.