1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hard Case Needed: Fender Starcaster Bass - HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Glockburg, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Glockburg

Glockburg Supporting Member

I am desperately trying to find a HARD case for my brand new Starcaster short scale Bass. Sweetwater says the only one they show that fits is a soft gig bag. I cannot believe that no one makes a hard case for this $750 semi-hollow body... help please?

Attached Files:

2. Glockburg

3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Fender has a short scale case for a mustang but its likely thats probably not wide enough across for that bass.

4. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Can you send measurements. I have a couple of things laying around that may work if you are not opposed to buying a used case.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Glockburg

Use this fine with me, I will send you measurements of the weekend. Thank you so much

7. spaz21387

spaz21387

I bet it would fit in the rectangular hard cases like the skb freedom I have isn't fitted to a specific model...

8. chefothefuture

chefothefuture

There are a couple of options-
    If you want a Fender logo case, the BG32
    will work but you'll need to throw in some extra padding.
    The Guild Starfire bass case fits better.
    Then there is the Hagstrom Viking bass case.
    I've tried all of the above so I can say work.

G&G is making one for me, so I'll post that when
    I get it.

9. Glockburg

Thank you so much

10. Back to Bassics

Back to Bassics

Avoid buying basses from dodgy, here today, gone tomorrow cheapskate little companies. Even Hagstrom has a decent case for its mighty Viking semi.

Seriously, how many people do Fender think are going to buy a Starcaster or Coronado bass without wanting a case?

Wankers.

11. MTFD24

MTFD24 Supporting Member

I transport my Starcaster Re-Issue in a Coffin Case. It is snug on the depth so I don't store it in there, but it works for transporting. Got one brand new for $50 as the store had ordered it for someone that never came to pick it up.

12. JH Statts

JH Statts

Maybe an Epi Jack Casady bass case?

Might be too long.

13. DBHollywood

DBHollywood

I recently bought a Starcaster bass, and my Sweetwater rep, Mike Baldonado, confirmed that the Lakland Skyline Hollowbody bass case fits it. He said they've shipped lots of Starcaster basses in the Lakland cases. $165 shipped at Sweetwater.

EDIT: I accidentally referred to it as a "Starfire" bass once in my original reply. I meant to say "Starcaster."

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  14. Glockburg

15. walldaja

walldaja

I sent an email to Fender about the case situation and was basically told they don't have a case and don't know if they are going to get one. I think it's outrageous that they come out with a bass without a way to safely transport it. I would like to play it out more but...

16. dalkowski

dalkowski

+1. Asininity of the first order.

coughiefiend likes this.
  17. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Supporting Member

try Guardiancases(dot)com They've got everthin'. I had the keys changed out on my Hofner and it would no longer fit in the original case, they had a case to fit.

18. DBHollywood

DBHollywood

As a follow-up, I purchased the Lakland Skyline Hollowbody bass case, and I can confirm it fits the Starcaster bass nicely.

Glockburg likes this.
  19. walldaja

walldaja

Sweetwater has an Epiphone Jack Casady bass case and it fits the Starcaster. I had them send pictures yesterday.