1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hard Rock/Funk Effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mike_111, Jan 6, 2014.

1. mike_111

mike_111

I'm a Bass player in a Hard Rock/Funk band, and was wondering what pedals I should look at I already have a drive, fuzz, octave and filter. But fancy messing things up.... Any advice?

2. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

I have basically the same pedals you mentioned and I wanted to try something different so I purchased the Earthquaker Organizer and teamed it up with a Strymon Lex for a really cool organ sound. Actually fills in a lot of voids on a lot of songs. The combo wasn't cheap as I could only find the Organizer used but its fun to play around with.

3. mike_111

mike_111

I've looked into an Earthquaker Organizer before they're really nice, I just don't see it sitting in the mix with my band so well. May have to check it out though as I do like the pedal.

4. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

Maybe a bass wah pedal? Or a chorus?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mike_111

mike_111

Wah is a good idea actually, going down like the Tim Commerford path. Never really considered chorus for bass though. I'm trying to find something that's really different from the same old.

7. primusfan1989

primusfan1989

Bitcrusher perhaps?
    Check out Juan Alderete's (bassist from mars volta and racer x) http://pedalsandeffects.com
    Tons of demos with 98% of them with bass guitar

8. mike_111

mike_111

Yeh I've checked out his Youtube a phew times now, he has some good reviews. That's how I picked a couple of my pedals. I'll have to look into bitcrushers though not her them on bass before.