1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hard shell case for fender modern player jaguar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeffkew, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jeffkew

jeffkew Bass Curious Supporting Member

It is 34" scale with basically a jazz neck, but the body doesn't fit in any molded p/j type cases. Ideas on a case that might fit?
  2. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

It depends on how much you want to spend, but the case you want (molded or wood) needs to NOT be contoured to fit a J or P. In other words, open where the body lies. Sounds like a casket description.

Fender makes a wooden case, tweed or black, with the Fender logo on the lid. I think they call it "deluxe". I had one for my now-gone Reverse Jag. They go for about $129 and are super nice cases. I have a G&G case and the Fender looks just like it.

Molded, look for the Gator model GC-B(?) or something similar. I've had quite a few and still have one for my P bass. It has an open body cavity (eew) and can fit nearly any 34" or 35" bass. They run $99 at Sweetwater last I checked.
  3. rockscott

rockscott

I had a gator for my MPJ. I think i paid $95.00 for it. Its a decent case for the money. I now have my MPJ in the same case and it fits well.
  4. jeffkew

jeffkew Bass Curious Supporting Member

Thanks! The Gator GC-Bass does look like it could work.
  5. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member