1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hardcase for a Gibson/Epiphone Ripper/Grabber bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ocoaibass, Mar 14, 2014.

1. ocoaibass

ocoaibass

I've posted & seen posts about cases for these overlong & over wide instruments. As was suggested in another TB thread, I was able to find one from barryclarkmusic on eBay. He has an online store as well.

It fits perfectly and is very snug. The only issue is that the neck rest is too high & it makes the headstock tilt up. A little extra padding under the body ImageUploadedByTalkBass1394833181.370045.jpg & it's fine.

The quality is not the highest. It's your standard generic case with 3 latches & a puny lock. Also, Idk how long the padding would stay affixed to the frame if you were gigging a lot. It seems cheaply glued, so a hot club & a cold van could be a recipe for disaster.

But it fits & it was $100, shipped.

2. Immigrant

Immigrant

Congrats!

Epiphone/Gibson should consider keeping the Explorer Bass Case in production because they are excellent cases and the Ripper/Grabber fits. It seems there is no shortage of people looking for a case.

3. ocoaibass

ocoaibass

I found a couple of vintage cases for $250 & there are modern flight cases for about the same . But for a bargain, this was definitely the way to go.

On a side note, I couldn't get the guy to give me credit if a bunch of people tell him I spread the word. LOL! Oh well...