1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Hardwire CM2 Tube Overdrive

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by ChopperDave, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh!

From the Hardwire site:

The HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive adds a new dimension to your tone. Overdrive should be transparent and responsive to your touch and the CM-2 Tube Overdrive offers this with two modes of operation: Classic and Modified. Classic is transparent and articulate while Modified adds more gain and a "bigger" low end. As with all HardWire pedals, the CM-2 is crafted from premium all-metal components to perform night after night, tour after tour.

$55 shipped to CONUS, PayPal is just ducky.

I'm also fielding offers/trades for a MIM J neck, a Squier Standard (Indonesian) P-Bass neck (basically the same as a J neck), and a Nike+ SportWatch GPS. If you have a Fender neck with a 7.25" radius, 1.5"-1.625" nut, and medium/vintage C shape, talk to me.

Attached Files:

2. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Do you know how this compares to the SC-2 Valve Distortion?

Thank you!

3. ChopperDave

I don't, sorry. It's the only Hardwire pedal I've tried.

4. ChopperDave

If I had to make a blanket statement, though, the Valve is crunchier and more distored; the CM-2 is more subtle and grindy. This is based on some YouTubing:

Valve:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MostlyBass

How does it sound on bass? I can get the SC-2 to sound similar to a VT pedal...

7. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

It sounds like a tube amp overdrive, very mid-focused and tight, so in a sense opposite of the VT sound. I've heard it pairs very well with the Valve Distortion, though. TB'er mmbongo did some clips running them together and almost nailed a B3K crunch. The CM-2 has no low end loss, and you can even dial in extra, so it's a great bass pedal. On its lowest settings it can add a tube flavor to your sound, and on its highest settings can get nice and crunchy. I really dig mine, it's a great pedal. For this price range it's crazy good.

8. ChopperDave

I got it to fill that purpose on my board, and I thought it did a pretty good impression.

9. ChopperDave

Thanks, JumbleMind, that's a good description. I've never had a VT; it's my idea of what I thought people were going for with the VT or BBDI.

10. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Well, you're right. A lot of people go for the BDDI and VT for tube emulation, it's just those two are tailored toward a specific amp and sound (which tends toward a scoop). The CM-2 goes about the tube thing a different way with different intentions. I only meant opposite in the EQ sense. GLWS.

11. MostlyBass

12. ChopperDave

Sold, pending payment.

13. ChopperDave

SOLD for $50. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.