Hardwire CM2 Tube Overdrive

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by ChopperDave, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh! Supporting Member

From the Hardwire site:

The HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive adds a new dimension to your tone. Overdrive should be transparent and responsive to your touch and the CM-2 Tube Overdrive offers this with two modes of operation: Classic and Modified. Classic is transparent and articulate while Modified adds more gain and a "bigger" low end. As with all HardWire pedals, the CM-2 is crafted from premium all-metal components to perform night after night, tour after tour.

$55 shipped to CONUS, PayPal is just ducky.

I'm also fielding offers/trades for a MIM J neck, a Squier Standard (Indonesian) P-Bass neck (basically the same as a J neck), and a Nike+ SportWatch GPS. If you have a Fender neck with a 7.25" radius, 1.5"-1.625" nut, and medium/vintage C shape, talk to me.

Attached Files:

2. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Do you know how this compares to the SC-2 Valve Distortion?

Thank you!

3. ChopperDave

I don't, sorry. It's the only Hardwire pedal I've tried.

4. ChopperDave

If I had to make a blanket statement, though, the Valve is crunchier and more distored; the CM-2 is more subtle and grindy. This is based on some YouTubing:

Valve:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MostlyBass

How does it sound on bass? I can get the SC-2 to sound similar to a VT pedal...

7. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

It sounds like a tube amp overdrive, very mid-focused and tight, so in a sense opposite of the VT sound. I've heard it pairs very well with the Valve Distortion, though. TB'er mmbongo did some clips running them together and almost nailed a B3K crunch. The CM-2 has no low end loss, and you can even dial in extra, so it's a great bass pedal. On its lowest settings it can add a tube flavor to your sound, and on its highest settings can get nice and crunchy. I really dig mine, it's a great pedal. For this price range it's crazy good.

8. ChopperDave

I got it to fill that purpose on my board, and I thought it did a pretty good impression.

9. ChopperDave

Thanks, JumbleMind, that's a good description. I've never had a VT; it's my idea of what I thought people were going for with the VT or BBDI.

10. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Well, you're right. A lot of people go for the BDDI and VT for tube emulation, it's just those two are tailored toward a specific amp and sound (which tends toward a scoop). The CM-2 goes about the tube thing a different way with different intentions. I only meant opposite in the EQ sense. GLWS.

11. MostlyBass

12. ChopperDave

Sold, pending payment.

13. ChopperDave

SOLD for $50. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.