1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Harmony H22 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drbassman, Nov 6, 2007.

1. drbassman

drbassman

I just picked up a sweet little Harmony H22 from a friend of mine that's all stock except the pickguard is missing. Could anyone spare a tracing of one? I'd be happy to pay a nominal fee for one! :help:

[​IMG]
  2. GlennW

GlennW Supporting Member

In case no one replies, there's a guy on ebay that usually has replacement pickguards for sale.

If you want to make your own you can get an idea of the shape from this link, find the 4 or 5 screw holes in your bass, and go from there.

http://harmony.demont.net/model.php?id=110
  3. drbassman

drbassman

Hey Thanks! I did find that Harmony web site and copied and blew up a close up of a guard. I printed it out to scale and it's pretty close, just off a bit on one side, probably due to camaera angle. So, if worse comes to worse, I'll make it off that drawing, but an actual tracing would be great too if I could get one.

I don't have a problem making my own, but I'd buy one if it's accurate.
  4. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Sorry, can't help. Congrats on a sweet addition, though. From this and the pic in the Hollowbody club thread, I'd say you've got pretty good taste.
  5. Shindig

Shindig

That model was my first bass, bought used (for $65 :)) with my paper-route money waaaaaaaay back in 1964 when I was just a wee lad.
    Man, I wish I still had it :crying:
    Nice score! :D
  6. drbassman

drbassman

Hey thanks! I've been collecting for a few years and I'm always on the prowl for a good deal. All of my basses have been really good acquisitions and I love playing them all. Once I retire, they'll get a lot of attention!!!
  7. drbassman

drbassman

I feel your pain! I looked it up and they sold for $95 new in 1962! Now look at them!

I had a 63 Fender Jazz bass, CAR finish, when I was a kid and sold it in 1975. Who knew it would be worth so much today!!!?!!! Here's a pic of me playing it somewhere around 1964 or so........

[​IMG]
  8. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Nice uniforms and gear! That's how it used to be done!

That H22 looks sweet. Like Shindig, that's one of the basses I learned on. I played one at a friend's house, who was kind enough to teach me a few songs by the Kingsmen. Ouch, 1964.
  9. drbassman

drbassman

Yep, my very first guitar was an old beat up Harmony 6-string and then I progressed to bass cuz the other guys wanted to be the "lead" guitar player. Oh well, it worked out well for me! Yeah, 1964 sure seems like a LONG time ago!!!
  10. Shindig

Shindig

That's 'cause '64 WAS a long time ago :D
    I feel exremely fortunate I'm still playing. :hyper:
  11. gzielski

gzielski

The Harmony was my first bass.
    Bad electronics, but easy and fun to play:bassist:
  12. Jim Carr

We all are, aren't we? Thanks for the pics of the band and to the OP for the thread. I'd love to find a good H22! :bassist:
  13. main_sale

main_sale

They are back. You can buy a new H22 if you like.
  14. drbassman

drbassman

Where?
  15. GlennW

GlennW Supporting Member

16. drbassman

drbassman

I had heard the rumors but didn't realize they finally had a web site. Looks like they aren't actually selling them yet, but it looks like they are just around the corner. Should be interesting to see how they do. I still like my original 1962 H-22. The only reissue I'd really like to see is a Ric 4005. Now that would be a cool HB reissue for sure!
  17. Jim Carr

18. GlennW

GlennW Supporting Member

I have a feeling that's a big "if".
  19. Keef

Keef

HOLY COW! I want one of those H-22s.

[​IMG]

FIRST thing I'd do: remove the pickguard.

I wonder how much they're going to cost... anybody know?
  20. GlennW

GlennW Supporting Member

I wonder who'll be making the pickup, and how, and where.

This might put a stop to some of the nonsense on ebay.