1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hartke 115/410 transporter

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassKnuckle, Jan 22, 2014.

1. BassKnuckle

BassKnuckle

I picked up these 2 cabs as kinda an impulse buy. Transporter/transient attack 115 and a 410. All the aluminum speakers are good and the cabs in general were in great shape. The 115 is 8ohm/150w and the 410 is 8ohm/200w
    Does anyone have any personal experience with them? I'm running them thru a Peavey tour 450 and they sound pretty good so far. Heh, at 200$ for the whole stack I figured I would be safe. opinions?

[​IMG]
  2. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

I have those cabs with the Hartke 3500 amp. I've had good success with them. Very good punchy sound. Nice steal!
  3. Joedog

Joedog

Great score! Never owned them but tried the same stack (new) in a store. The 410 alone sounded pretty thin (not much bottom), but when the 15 was added.....SWEET lord above! Came real close to buying. Can't remember why I didn't! If it had been 2 15's I would have. Also if it was $200 for the the pair, I SURE would have! Enjoy!
  4. BassKnuckle

BassKnuckle

thanks for the reply guys. Yea, a guitar player in a local punk band here in new orleans had them just taking up space. he said 200$ and i bought them on the spot without much thought lol. I figured, at that price I couldn't go too much wrong. The wattage is a bit low but they have a nice sound and were well taken care of. But, thanks for the feedback, i value the opinions of the folks on TB very much, well, most people LOL

EDIT: yes, 200$ for both.
  5. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Keep in mind when you run them in parallel (in the 15", then out of the 15" into the 4X10) they will be at 4 ohms which will double their wattage.

;)
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

? You lost me. Cabinets don't have wattage to double.
  7. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I routinely run only 130 watts to my hartke 410xl and it is plenty loud for all gigs.
    How you have it stacked in the pic is the way to go as you have more amp than speakers and you need to keep an ear on that 15.

Nice score!
  8. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Sorry, rating.
  9. BassKnuckle

BassKnuckle

i may be missing something here, each cab only has one 1/4'' jack. how would i run them paralell? my head has 2 outputs, i have each cab to one. the way i understand it, is 2 8ohm cabs to a 4ohm head = 4ohms?

edit, yea, my head says jacks paralell. so 2 8ohm cabs plugged in would be 4ohms total.
  10. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Yup. Same thing. So your rating is doubled.

You should have no problems.
  11. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

now there are two of us lost ... what 'rating' are we talking about here ?

.. cabinet 'ratings' don't change with impedance ... :eyebrow:
  12. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

The 115 is 8ohm/150w and the 410 is 8ohm/200w

Those are his words. The 115 is rated for 150W at 8 ohms, the 410 is rated for 200W at 8 ohms.

At 4 ohms (running in parallel) they would be rated for double that.
  13. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I see ... might want to double check that

.. see post #12 ... cabinet/speaker handling capabilities (rating) do not change ... by lowering the impedance that the head sees (8 ohms > 4 ohms), the power output FROM the head is increased, but that has NO affect on what the speaker is rated for .. which by the way is generally HIGHER than their 'real world' capabilities ... ;)
  14. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Hmm. Why would it specify a rating at a specific resistance then? Why would it not say Rated at 200W. Period. The rating must change with the ohms or they would not specify which resistance. Yes?
  15. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    First off, it's impedence, not resistance.
    Secondly, the impedence isn't a variable "rating". It's a nominal value that only varies with frequency.
  16. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... No
  17. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Not only is this wrong, but his actual max rating would be 300w for the PAIR (double the lowest rated cab in the pair).
  18. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

The thing that changes with a variation in the impedance load is the output of the amplifier (if it's a solid-state amp, tube amps put out the same watts as long as they are correctly hooked up). Adding or reducing cabinets does not change the individual impedance or power handling of the individual cabs themselves.
  19. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

No the total system thermal power rating will be 300W. The limiting factor being the 1x15. Once you get past 300W the 15 leaves it's comfort zone.

What should be kept in mind is that a typical driver will run out of excursion at about half of it's thermal power rating.

If the OP is using a SS amp then he will get a power boost. The amp will try to give twice it's 8Ω output. Very few power amps can succeed. As you need ten times the power to get twice as loud that increase will not be too noticeable.
  20. Bald Steve

Bald Steve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Aguilar Amplification
    I used that exact 4x10 for ten years, gigging full time. It's a workhorse. You got a ****ing insane deal. Well done.