Hartke AK410 Any experiences?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, Mar 30, 2014.

1. shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Small music store quite a bit aways have these for less than $300
    At 40lbs less than the peavey i was looking at these have my attention.
    Would love to hear some experiences with them.
    Are they tight,muddy,mid shy, mid boost,boomy,punchy,bright,
  2. shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Thought id hear something by now.
  3. mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
  4. Needenaneden

Feb 22, 2011
    $300 would be a steal for this cab. It's warm, rich, plenty of lows... Did you know AK stands for Ampeg Killer? :)
  5. Sponsored by:

6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I never gigged one, but I think the ones I've played sounded great. They definitely nail the punchy, mid-forward, sealed tone. They're pretty warm cabs, IME.

I used to have a HyDrive 4x10, which is the hybrid speaker cousin of the AK. The HyDrive sounded great, but the speakers overexerted way too easily with a tube amp. I don't know if the AKs do as well (if you were planning on pairing it with tubes).
  7. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Foxfire Village N.C.
    I tried one of these in the store with an LH1000 head and I really liked the sound of it. Very warm but clear sounding. I was really impressed how easy it was to get a good sound out of the Hartke head. Couple of minor turns on the EQ knobs and bang, it was there. I am really thinking about the LH1000 / AK410 set up now and am interested if anybody else has any feedback on these cabs.

The AK115 is ported but the AK410 is sealed. Store didn't have a 115 to compare.

300 sounds like a good deal to me.
  8. mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    I sent him a pm earlier, but all of you have echoed exactly my experiences. Sounds like a consensus for once in the amp forum!
  9. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Pretty much every Hartke amp that I have played through has been good quality and good tone.