1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hartke HA1200 main board removal

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassliner50, Feb 5, 2014.

1. bassliner50

bassliner50

My beloved Hartke Kickback 10 (120 RMS Watts) was in an accident and the mid control knob in the EQ section has been sheered off. The schematic shows It is a 50K (linear taper) potentiometer ( VR104 ). I have had training and experience with soldering, schematics and circuits in general. I use this little amp all the time and want to replace that pot. Looking at the amp assembly leads me to think removal of the main board where that pot is mounted will be very difficult to remove because the power transistors are mounted to a heatsink and there is no obvious clearance to remove the circuit board from the steel housing assembly. Has anyone removed this board in order to perform service? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to pull it apart, only to cause more damage....thanks..Roy