Hartke HA3500

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by coconut, Mar 23, 2014.

1. coconut

coconut

Hello,

Recently bought (used) an HA3500 + 4.5XL

Maybe some owner would share some experience.

1. I wondering, if is normal that after 20 min of playing the fan still not spinning?

2. I try the performance of the gear and when I turn the volume on 50% its look like the speakers may jump in my face. I'm not very experienced, but 250w / 8ohm amp on 400w / 8ohm cab, seems that the amp have more power that is need for running this speaker ???

What will happen if I hook another 15" cab?

p.s. the bass is passive and is tuned in DGCF.

Sorry for the English,
    Thanks

2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

1 - The position of the volume knob means nothing. Many amps are at their full output when only "half" on the knob. Amps pushed too hard can put out up to twice their rated power.

2 - The wattage rating of your cab is the thermal limit of the voice coil. Real world limitations are about 1/2 the wattage rating depending on use of low end EQ.

3 - Adding a 1X15 is of no benefit. It is a bad combination left over from a time when bi-amping was all the rage. Truth is, most 4X10's can handle more power, get louder, and go lower then most 1X15's.

3. Boom762

Boom762 Hartke Whore - I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

You can absolutely hookup a 15 to your current rig. Itll push more air. I personally orefer the rumbly sound of 2x15s.

Not sure about the fan. Seems like if it was supposed to turn off that it wojld also need to turn itself bafk on at some point. Did you buy new or used?

4. Nightman

Nightman Supporting Member

I own one. Get a backup amp. It will die on you when you need it and, then come to life. Feel the weight, too!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. coconut

coconut

Thx guys,

Bass_Pounder:

so, the power of the amp is not linear with the turning of the knob, its more like a torque of the car ? - if I understand.

Boom762:

I was considering a 2x15, just because in the past I had an HH 215bl and at that time sounds very good - or because of alcohol ;)
    I'm really concerned about that fan, I don't know. I read a topic on TB that people talk about load fan on Ha3500. ???

p.s. it used

Nightman

hahaha nice joke! If my budget was with a big B, I will take a Mesa Boogie 400+ with a rack in INOX and a purple 2x15 cab.

Still need info about the fan.

7. BryanC

BryanC

I have an HA3500, also bought used. My fan is always on. I don't know if this is normal.

Bryan

8. audionut36

audionut36 Supporting Member

My practice rig is a 3500 pushing a 410XL and a 115XL. It was my workhorse a few years ago and is still going strong. Never really noticed when the fan cycled on and off.

9. marko138

marko138

I bought a HA3500 brand new. The fan is ALWAYS on from the moment you fire it up. If yours isn't then something is wrong.

10. coconut

coconut

Hey, hey

I found something,

It seem that is everything OK, there is a fan speed control in it. The fan start when the temperature rising.

Yesterday I open it and is there. Hureyyyyyyyy thx to the power puff girls:)

I made some images, http://youtu.be/RLQNbFUtKuQ

Thanks to all,
    coconut