1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hartke HA5500C or LH500

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Lorger, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Lorger

Lorger

Hi,
    I have used Peavey for years, as well as Ampeg and Vox.
    I always found it easy to adjust my sound for room size or shape or what ever with Peavey.
    I want to put together a Hartke rig with a 4.5XL and 2.5XL.
    So I was wondering what people are doing with the LH500.
    Are you using preamps and pedals to colar your sound, and using the head more like a power amp?
    If so, what are you using for a pre amp?

Is their any reason I may want to use the LH500 over the HA5500c, as it looks like it is more like what
    I all ready use.

Or should I look at another amp, I am not really locked in to a Hartke head, but like the speakers.
    I have a Rick and a Jazz bass and normally used their traditional sound, but I am doing Jazz Funk
    now and toned down a little using half round strings.

TIA
    Marcel Lorger