1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hartke Hydrive Making an Exploding Noise

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Steveman, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Steveman

Steveman

So I turn on my Hartke Hydrive and it starts making this REALLY LOUD that sounds like an explosion. This problem persists even when the volume is all the way down at 0 and nothing is plugged in, does anybody have any idea what on earth could be happening?
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The more pertinent question is what is wrong with the amp sending that noise to the cab. What amp head are you using?
  3. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree. Unless your Hydrive has learned to generate its ow power, the problem is the amp. Unplug it pronto before it does anything bad.

*** Edit; I just realized you're probably using a combo. Either way, it sounds like the head could be shot.
  4. Steveman

Steveman

It's a Hartke Hydrive 112c combo amp.
  5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You need to get it serviced. Could be just a bad solder joint, failing component or something arcing inside the amp head.