1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hartke Hydrive

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pfactor2, Feb 22, 2014.

1. pfactor2

pfactor2

Anyone with firsthand experience!
    Recently purchased a 410 Hydrive.
    Have used 1 or 2 -410 vx series with
    HA5500. 400 watts to single 8ohm.
    Really was counting on the Hydrive to blow away the vx
    but doesn't seam to have the the full range.

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Ive never used the VX but I noticed EQing the HYdrive was way different then EQing my old paper cone Ampeg

3. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

I have a 410 Hydrive, and it is easily able to hold its own with a heavy hitting drummer and two guitards who are half-deaf. I set the amp dead flat for modern rock and numetal for floor shaking lows, and cut the low bass and attenuate the tweeter for classic rock tunes.

What amp are you running it with, and what part of the range is missing?

*** Edit: Crap, I'm really getting ADD. You already said you're running it with an HA5500. That should easily cut the mustard, I ran mine with a HA2500 until I picked up an LMII for easier portability. I found I did have to tweak the HA to get the sound I wanted, as it seems to be set for coloration when the EQ is set flat like so many other amplifier designs out there.

4. pfactor2

pfactor2

Don't hate me:) but I'm playing with 10 piece 70 tribute ( disco)
    The bass needs to be out front , every note pop and thump, I'm thinking on trying out a LH 1000 . Maybe the 400 watts is not matched properly with the Hydrive. I'm lacking low end . Seams like the vx has more low end. Guitards.... I like that

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pfactor2

pfactor2

By the by , the only reason I tried the hydrive is I'm tired of lugging the vx , or 2 depending on venue.

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

The VX is a ported, paper-coned 4 X 10 rated @ 400 watts, the HyDrive is a sealed hybrid-driver enclosure rated @ ~1000 watts...you're gonna hear some differences in tonal character including perceived low-end extension. If the VX is more to your liking, you're in luck: I see them on CL on occasion locally. They're both great cabs.

Riis

8. pfactor2

pfactor2

9. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

You're very welcome. I've owned the Transporters, XL's, and the HyDrive 410 Swamp Bass now owns. The only thing they share in common is the Hartke logo badge.

Riis