Hartke Knobs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by azzinoth1126, Dec 1, 2012.

1. azzinoth1126

azzinoth1126

Hello TalkBass,
    after a light and unfortunate carrying accident my old Hartke 7000 amp has lost a few of its knobs. Actually, the pot shafts broke along with them and I can't seem to find the majority of the ones that fell off.

I guess the pots themselves can easily be replaced by any repair shop, however the knobs are the tricky part. I like the look of the original ones, so I'm turning to you for help - Does anyone know where I can find original Hartke knobs (they seem to be the same on quite a few of their amps) or at least something very similar? I live in the UK.

2. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Larry Hartke is an active member here, he'll probably chime in.

If my memory serves me correctly though, what they use in 'em is what people refer as "RS" knobs, ie. the most basic splined small knob with a removable color coded hat.

Walk into Your local RS or eqvivalent, you should find something very similar if not the same in the knob section.

Again, if my memory serves me correctly, it's been a while since I had a Hartke product, the potentiometers are pretty standard ones so You shouldn't have any problems in getting those replaced.

Unless of course You smashed one of the sliders or misplaced any of the slider knobs, then you're pretty much SOL unless the Hartke service sells spare parts.

Regards
    Sam

3. Larry Hartke

Larry Hartke

Disclosures:
    Hartke Systems
    Hey azzinoth,

Just contact my distributor Korg in the UK. They should be able to help you out.

Korg UK Limited
    1 Harrison Close
    Knowlhill
    Milton Keynes
    United Kingdom
    MK5 8PA

Tel: +44 (0)1908 304600
    Fax: +44 (0)1908 304699

Email: sales@korg.co.uk

4. Papajdawg

Papajdawg

What about replacements in the US?