Hartke LH1000 input cutting out!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MattyH, Dec 3, 2013.

1. MattyH

MattyH

Ok so a little info:

Playing as normal.

Bass starts to cut out. I immediately attribute it to my wireless. I'm in a wedding band, and a lot of these places have interference. Nothing strange here.

I switch to hard wire into the passive input as I always do, with my 62 Jazz. Within a few minutes, I'm cutting out again! I jiggle the 1/4 inch, and it goes in and out. Before diagnosing the chord, I switch quickly to the active input. Not one problem for the rest of the night.

So my cable and my bass seem fine. The only thing that seemed to give me a problem was the passive input. Has anyone had a similar problem? I know inputs can go after a while, and they're usually a quick fix, but I'm speaking more along the lines of the actual LH1000 model, and your experiences. Was it just the input? Could I be looking at something more? I talked to a local repair shop and they said if the part is on hand it shouldn't be a problem. But they'll need to look at it first. Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks!

2. MattyH

MattyH

Anyone out there in bassland? :(

3. InsanityAmps

InsanityAmps Supporting Member

Input jacks breaking away from the printed circuit board is a very common problem with newer amps of any brand. I see it all the time. If you have a soldering iron, it is very easy to go in there and touch up the solder connections. Or take it to a tech...should be a cheap, easy repair.

4. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Hey Matty, I've had a similar issue for a while now. Active jack works fine no matter the cable. Passive jack works fine with some cables and has an issue with others. Here's what is strange to me but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in. With my Monster cable plugging directly in that input will not work but....If I spin the 1/4" tip inside the input jack it will work. I just have to give it a slight spin. I contacted Larry Hartke about this and they sent me 2 replacement jacks but i have never used them. I don't have the ability to replace them either so i would have to take the amp to a repair shop. I have never had any trouble though. It never cuts out after the "spin" so I have just continued on that way. Maybe you could run some cleaner through it and try tightening the jack before moving to the next step. That's all I've got!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MattyH

MattyH

Literally the same problem with mine. Even down to the Monster Cable! But I used the cable again the following night through a spare Hartke with no problem. Thats amazing haha. I actually just dropped it off at a veteran repair guy in my area. So I'm not too worried.

7. MattyH

MattyH

Yea I don't know much about that end of the situation, but it's been dropped off at the shop and I should be rocking and rollin in a day or two!

8. MattyH

MattyH

The repair guy said he's fixed Hartke amps before, and has had trouble with parts and ordering. Does anyone know if the LH1000 jacks and guts are more or less on the "standard" side? Just wondering what my wait time might be. Standard = a day or 2. Not standard = a week or 3.