1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hartke LH1000

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lastnotleast, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lastnotleast

lastnotleast

A little help from my friends?

There is a used Hartke LH1000 available locally for $329.00 (less if I trade in my H4000).

Will it be too much for my poor little Acoustic B115 & B410 cabs?

2. onosson

onosson

Sounds like a great deal, and all you have to do is not turn it up too loud! :D

3. MattyH

MattyH

Get it. I use mine 3-4 times a week at gigs. At that price, go for it.

Just don't bridge it. Dial the balance to the center, run each cab out of each A and B side, and you should get nice clean power to both amps. But this thing is a beast. I could see you ditching the 115 and using just the 410 ;)

4. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

This is one of the few amps where mixed cabs makes sense - you can dial back the output to the weaker link.

I like mine; I'm running it bridged into a single cab but the dual parallel is a nice option.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MattyH

MattyH

Exactly. I was always frustrated with getting miss matched cabs, ohms, power. This head remedies these problems with having 2 true separate sides.

But 2 8ohm cabs unbridged on each side. Man oh man. It's my dream come true. That balance knob was a big seller for me. And once I invest in a Hydrive 810, I'm bridging the beast.

To the OP:

Is your 410 the 8ohm 600watt model? And your 115 the 8ohm 450 watt model? If so, put the 410 on top, into the A side. Put the 115 on the bottom into the B side. Make sure that bridge switch is OFF, and then dial the Balance knob slightly towards the A side. Around 10 o'clock would work.

7. lastnotleast

lastnotleast

My cabs are the older sealed version which I prefer; less efficient but more consistent throughtout the tonal range.
    The 115 is 250 watts and the 410 is 400 watts. Both 8ohm with a tweeter (which I keep defeated...but not as in Little Feat).

8. lastnotleast

lastnotleast

The user manual tells me that this amp only puts out 225W per side to an 8ohm load.
    I get 180W to 8 ohms from my GK BL600 which I bring along as a backup anyway.

Not sure its worth the trouble and expense. What say you?

9. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

The LH1000 is a really good amp, if you like its sound. I would much prefer the LH1000 to the backline.

10. ArtechnikA

Maybe an LH500 would be a better fit for you.
    Lighter, less expensive, 350W into 8 Ohms, same preamp.
    I considered it at some length.
    The fact that the LH1000 is only about $150 more and much more versatile tipped the scale for me. I don't play out much so the slight additional weight is not a factor.

11. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

I think it's worth it for the bump in power and the versatility. That blend knob will help you avoid blowing a driver in one of your cabs.

I have one and it's my main head for gigging and practice, it's great.

12. Needenaneden

Needenaneden

Plug your cabs in to each side and you will have a good setup. Bridge the amp and you will have more power than you know what to do with.
    The LH100 is an awesome, affordable amp. It's simple, affordable, powerful and sounds great with the tone controls at noon.

13. ArtechnikA

Might for some, but for me that's pretty scoopy... 'Flat' is 2-10-2, so with bass and treble at noon they are boosted significantly.

Yes, this. I forgot this was the thread where the OP was wanting to run mixed cabs. In dual Parallel you can dial back the power delivered to the weaker link (probably the 115). Bridged is an excellent way to smoke one unless the weaker link can take every bit of 500W...

14. lastnotleast

lastnotleast

What I meant by mentioning the GK BL600 is that I could use it in conjunction with the HA4000;
    HA4000 to the 410 and GK BL600 to the 115 or two 115's (which I have dome before at an outdoor show when I did not go through the mains).
    The wattage is pretty well matched up that way.

BUT... I hear you guys and your enthusiam for the LH1000 so I will go check it out Saturday on my way to practice and will let you know what I decide.

Thank You All!

15. lastnotleast

lastnotleast

I tried the LH1000 and was not impressed so am taking ArtechnikA's advice.
    The fact that it is only 225W to each 8ohm cab is disappointing and 1100 bridged to 4ohms may damage my speakers.

An LH500 in a rack case has become available for less than half the price and may go this route instead.