Hartke LH500 and Ampeg 410HE issue

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by survivalist, Feb 17, 2013.

1. survivalist

survivalist

Hello all,

Im a newb when it comes to cabs and amps for bass, and ran into a little issue today.

At practice im using the LH500 which has 2 8ohm outputs and runs 500 watts at 4ohms, and i believe 350 watts at 8 ohms.

On the back of the Ampeg cab it lists it run 500 RMS and lists 8 ohms.

During practice at a fairly high volume, I saw the warning light in the cab lighting up a bit.... which means I was pushing it too hard i guess.

does anyone have any ideas as to what i should do about this, do i need another cab, or a different head.

Excuse me for being a noob when it comes to this, any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. KeithAlanK

KeithAlanK

Only worry if the light stays on more than half the time.
    Adding another 8 ohm cab will definitely give you more volume.
  3. survivalist

survivalist

so 2 8 ohm cabs at 500 watts each would be fine with a head that runs 500 watts @ 4 ohms?
  4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

Yes, the power from your head will be split evenly between two 8Ω cabs. Don't get too fixated on the wattage ratings of the cabs.

The light you saw was just a protection bulb for the tweeter.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    +1. It burns off excess energy to the tweeter and acts as a fuse if you slam it hard enough to make the tweeter and the bulb blow. Turning the tweeter down a little will help, but if it's just coming on occasionally, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  7. survivalist

survivalist

thanks for the replies people, you helped out alot!