Hartke LH500 blowing fuses

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Joe Milo, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Ok fellas I need some help. Last week I blew two fuses at a gig. At the time I was thinking that the circuit was overloaded from having to many plugs on it.

Today I fired up my rig and proceeded to blow more fuses....I have no idea what is wrong.... Here is my rig set up..

LH500 and Behringer Rack tuner in my rack....I have one Hartke 4X10XL and one Hartke 4.5X10XL.Both cabs are powered by the LH500.
    I also use a small pedal board with Boss Chorus Boss Limiter Tech21 SVT pedal and my Line 6G30 wireless..... Is it possible having all of this plugged into one power strip that the amp blows the fuse?
  2. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

I'm assuming your talking about blowing the power strip and not just the amp.. If it always worked that way before I would take the amp off the strip and see what happens.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Sounds like your LH500 needs to visit an amp doctor.......NOW. Stop putting fuses in it, they are doing their job trying to protect you and your cabs from damage.
  4. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

I'm blowing the fuse that is in the little fuse holder under the power plug. I'm not blowing the power strip or tripping it off....
  5. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification

Assuming you have the correct fuses this is exactly right.
  6. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Every time you blow fuse, you risk doing more damage.
  7. Cirk

Cirk

+1 to getting the amp looked at by a tech. Fuses blowing are a big red flag indicating a problem. The rest of your setup looks fine. Just as a way of being sure, test all of your cables to be positive that they are in good shape, no shorts, etc.