1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hartke TP vs Ashdown Mag

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by manchild, Jan 12, 2013.

1. manchild

manchild

I have a Mag 300 head (min 4ohm) and would like to get 2 4x10 speaker cabs for it.

As the title suggests, should I get the more expensive matching Ashdown Cabs or would the Hartke equivilents do just as well?

The issue I have is that the Hartke's are £178 each and the Ashdown's are £280 odds each...

What do you think? Any other suggestions?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

The one place NOT to cheap out is your speakers, imo. I would always encourage using the best spkrs you can afford. Use your ears, if at all possible.
  3. manchild

manchild

Yeah I thought that might be the case - given that I only use an Ibanez GSR200 and a mag head would you still say the same thing?

For anyone who has used them are the Transporters really that bad?