1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hartke XL410/HA2500 Head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Wallygator, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Wallygator

Wallygator

Hello Tb'rs

I have a line on a used Hartke XL410 Cab and HA 2500 head.

Would the Hartke be a decent enough rig for small club shows?
    Any thoughts on this set up?

Until now I have only used an Ampeg BA108 and a Peavey Max 112.
  2. Major Softie

Major Softie

If it sounds like you want it to sound, then, yes, it will be fine. Any 410 should be more than enough for a small club. 250w isn't a lot for a 410, but it will probably be enough for you. More watts wouldn't be a whole lot louder, but it would give you a lot more headroom before you're maxing your amp.
  3. Garden Variety

Garden Variety Supporting Member

You haven't mentioned anything about your style of music or volume demands, but that combination should do ok for most needs if you have PA support. I have used that head with a 4ohm 2x10 cab and been ok for typical pop/rock music. Be sure to use both pre amp gains at least half way or so, then balance to taste, or the output volume will be quite a bit lower.
  4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

.. if that is an older model 410XL, it was only rated at 240 watts ... the newer ones are rated at 400 watts, but they utilized the same drivers, there was just an 'adjustment' to the ratings ... I like to limit what Hartke alum cone 10's get to about 50-60 watts each anyhow ...

.. should probably mention so OP is aware, the HA2500 is 250 watts into 4 ohms, 180 into 8 ohms, which the 410XL will be unless modified ... it should still be fine for small clubs ;)