1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Has anyone had any experience with the new Radial Bassbone OD?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RodneyMac, Mar 29, 2014.

1. RodneyMac

RodneyMac

Nov 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pavel Musical Instruments
    Thinking about trading my Aguilar Tonehammer for the new Radial Bassbone OD...any thoughts?

2. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Connecticut
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

I'd also be interested in reviews of the new Bassbone OD. I have the old Tonebone in my rotation with a Porkloin for some mild distortion/clip. Wondering how this might compare.

5. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    There was a video on YouTube that was shot at NAMM for some interview, sound quality of the pedal itself wasn't too bad. I remember it having a considerable amount of gain on tap, I wouldn't hesitate to refer to it as a fuzz pedal. They added a lot user-requested features/updates to the bassbone side it, too.

6. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I only saw the video from NAMM and, it looks like a pretty versatile. By the sound of the review I actually like the ToneHammer a bit better (got one on the way)... especially when size and price were entered in the equation. For that pricepoint I'd just hold out for a Meatsmoke.

7. I've only seen the video but I've ordered one from L&M. As someone who doubles a lot I'm happy to have one pedal that I don't need a piezo pre to go with my Bassbone. The EQ is good for my Jazz bass but not the upright.

8. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Jul 3, 2004
    New York and Philadelphia
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    They be- shipping- I ordered- Radial says it ships with the power cable

9. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    I heard it at NAMM in January - I thought it sounded very good. The OD definitely sounded more like a buttery tube-amp OD than an all-out fuzz or distortion. I didn't get to play with it or adjust any knobs, so it could be capable of more than what I heard.

10. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Interested in this

11. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Anyone got one?