1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Has anyone had issues with their VT Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kenner, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Kenner

Kenner

...Bank B on mine is fading and occassionally cutting out.... it's always plugged into my pedal board. It's a huge hassle because I don't have a 2-3 week window to send it to Tech 21 for repair. I have multiple gigs a week. I was told to maybe spray some contact cleaner into the "A" input and plug and unplug repeatedly a number of times.... "lucky VT"....

..... any advice on what I should do if it doesn't work out?

I use both banks alot with different basses and like the functionality of it. If I have to send it in for repair, I am just gonna buy something different.
  2. JSK5String

JSK5String

Haven't had any issues with mine, and I bought it the week they came out. Do you have a pedal doctor in your town? There's a guy we all go to in Denver who can put any pedal on his bench and test it out for you. If you can, you should try that. Good luck...
  3. E_Flat_Brian

E_Flat_Brian

You probably already did this, but make sure you test all variables and know for sure it's the pedal. Also, make sure that the 1/4 inch boost and fx loop are how you want them. Having those on without using them right can really mess up tone.
  4. Kenner

Kenner

Tech 21 gave me some tips to try to fix it... mainly just sprayed contact cleaner in the jack.... gave the input a good in and out workout...had smoke.... seems fine now.... if not, I'll send it to them... I just can't get a two week window without gigs to send it to them....

I rarely touch anything on any of my stuff once I get the tones the way I like. Pedal board never gets adjusted... I just plug and play... it's enough to worry what to do with all four of those strings and wonder which kinda shoes to wear whilst gazing at them during shows.... :p