1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Has anyone heard of this onboard pre amp.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bassmec, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I just got an old weird custom built bass as a present and I have found a 3 band pre amp in it. marked on the PCB as:
    IN Yeon Industrial,Co.stp 001amp.
    Anyone know anything at all about this pre amp?.
    It is connected to a stingray 5 pickup of some description (probably Nordy?)
    It seems to work ok and is very quiet signal to noise wise, I am just interested in trying to find out anything I can about this setup as I may want to modify its caps a bit, to bring down the frequency of the treble shelf band a bit as I would like it to pick out a bit more "clank" than "bing" if you know what I mean.:bassist: