Has anyone played the Eva Gardner Squier P yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sgroh87, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Sgroh87

Sgroh87

I have been given permission from the other half to spend a little bit of money this tax season and I'm looking for a cheap-ish bass to compliment my active six string with humbuckers.

I know it isn't officially released until next month, but the Eva Gardner bass looks pretty much perfect for me. Its right in the price range for what we've discussed, it's black with tort (my favorite non-wood color combination), I dig the P tone and the J neck width, and I happen to think that the clipper ship decal looks pretty classy. Plus, I figure a passive four string P is just about opposite from my current bass on the tonal spectrum.

Has anyone laid hands on this bass yet? I don't think stores are going to carry them until the end of next month, but I thought that at least some of you might have been at NAMM or had another opportunity to try them out. How is the feel? The sound? Would it be worth buying a new pickup with the bass, or does it sound decent stock?
  2. the_real_hardus

the_real_hardus

I bought it this week and I love it. I was suprised by the quality of this, feels very good. I was planning on putting my Fender USA pickup in, but the Squier sounds so good I won't.
  3. Sgroh87

Sgroh87

Cool! Where did you find one? Did you have to order it or did they have it in stock?
  4. BeerSuds

BeerSuds

Sweetwater's site says they have them in stock.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. the_real_hardus

the_real_hardus

My local shop ordered one for me to try. They are on stock online everywhere.
  7. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Any updates?