1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Has anyone put a Jazz style Pick up cover over P Bass pickups?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NMF88, Feb 7, 2013.

1. NMF88

NMF88

Hi All,
    I've got an old Jazz special from the early 80s. Basically the (now) signature Duff McKagan bass.

Now, I've since frankenbassed this unit. Changed the neck and put new P bass pickups in it.

Now, I have a jazz style ashtray bridge cover and a P bass style pick up cover. I like to use the PUP cover as a thumb rest, but with the bridge cover and Pup cover both on, I'm left with very little room to play.

Has anyone ever put J-Pup covers over the split P-Pups?

How does it look?
  2. NMF88

NMF88

[​IMG]

This bass is identical to mine, save one thing, the pick up cover.

I have the P bass style cover on mine (because it has the split-coil p-bass pickups in the middle, and the jazz on the bride side)

The site i grabbed this from listed it as a P bass. I can only assume that the cover on this image is over a P bass pickup.

Any advice? Has anyone ever attempted this?