Has anyone seen this color?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Jaymi, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
  2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Definitely an older discontinued German Fortress. These were maple hence the lighter coloring it’s obviously a stain over the maple. Looks to be turquoise blue stain as can be seen in the custom shop finish options. Man guys who own these basses have love for them beyond Warwick they seem to have been an excellent design for balance and tone. There is a Fortress club here on TB now that’s some love. I'm 99% sure all of these older German ones have wenge necks and wenge fingerboards, oh my.
  3. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Disclosures:
    That is a nice one...I may have to....
  4. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

All I can see is this now:

We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please contact customer service.

It must have been a really nice color....
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Disclosures:
    It was...
  7. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

I just noticed, it must have been pink?
  8. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Disclosures:
    LOL..a nice turquoise..quel domage pour mois!
  9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    I've been tempted to pick that one up myself! Yes, indeed...turqouise stain over maple, with a Wenge neck. Amazing price, too...hope it was one of you!!
  10. willyrep

willyrep

Yeah, saw that online a couple weeks ago. Was a beauty!
  11. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Meh, missing a string :)
  12. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

It's still there right now. I had seen that one listed 4 or 5 months ago when I picked up a $$5 from GC used section.
  13. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

It's a nice bass, was playing it for a bit today (I only live about 15-20 minutes away from that GC). I didn't get a chance to plug it in, so I can't comment on the electronics/sound, but playability was good. Neck is straight, nice thin all-wenge neck. Overall it's in very good condition actually. There's only a few small nicks I saw, and one little chunk (maybe about 3/4" long and 1/4" wide) on the bottom that shows some bare wood, but otherwise nothing wrong. I've never owned a Fortress, but I've played a few, and by far my favorite part about them is the balance. Those things just always stay put wherever you place them.
  14. spego

spego Supporting Member

I just got home from playing this bass actually.....if it were a different color I would have bought it. The color I personally hate.......the thing plays AMAZING and has a mid range that I wish I could get from some of my basses. I never saw a setup with 1 pickup that is actually split with a balance and a bass/treble for each coil. It was a tonal monster and I have a thumb, streamer, corvette, spectors etc etc. For ME the color was a deal breaker. I might be looking for another one in the near future though.
  15. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

^^ What is rthe color actually? I was interested in this bass at one time but from the GC pic, it looks like it was faux painted with a sponge...!!

I do like blue and teal finishes... Is there another Warwick example someone can link?
  16. spego

spego Supporting Member

It is kind of a green/blue/teal color.......not sure how to explain it.

Here is a pic I shot if that helps. The brownish mark is not a scratch.....its part of the grain. There is also holes near the center of the bottom where a strap lock would go.......but they appear to me to be in the wood itself.....like a knot or something. The brass was a little oxidized but nothing terrible. Pots didnt seem scratchy.....though they were not alligned correctly (1 pointed down etc).

A few dings in the neck......can't stress how nice the neck was to play. Again if it were some other color.......no one would be considering buying it because it would have been in my basement right now. :)

[​IMG]
  17. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Thanks for the detailed info and extra photo, spego! Nice to have some first hand information for anyone interested.
  18. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
  19. spego

spego Supporting Member

I saw that too......and threw out a streamer as trade bait but turned away. That red one is tasty. :)
  20. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Hate the color! but its a nice Bass for the money, id be all over that if i dint have so many Basses already.
  21. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Disclosures:
    LOVE the color!!! now if my other stuff will sell!