1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Has anyone tried a neck from this E BAy seller?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Strat Hater, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

2. BrenBass

BrenBass

I'd be careful. I got a cheapy once similar to that, not from this seller, but it would not fit the neck pocket because it was too wide and the corners of the heel were too squared. If you're in any doubt, leave it alone and get an allparts/mighty mite/warmoth or anything licenced!
  3. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

If nothing else I can res-erect my old Hohner P bass copy :)
  4. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Does that old saying, "You get what you pay for", ring a bell?
  5. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Yup!! I am not expecting a Fender American quality neck, just something useable. I
  6. Ronbeast

Ronbeast

I have one of those necks, possibly from the exact same seller. I ordered it a long time ago and never used it for anything. Seems like a solid neck, but I never bothered to put it on my P-bass. Now that the truss rod in my p-bass is busted I will probably use it though.

The tuners aren't the best, but the neck is worth the money.
  7. Marton

Marton

I tried a lot of complete basses with a neck branded like this locally. They were awful. Strange finish, strange shape, frets sticking out of the neck, high action with fret buzz all over, and so on. I would stay away.