Has anyone tried Seismic cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by phatcyclist, Feb 13, 2014.

1. phatcyclist

phatcyclist

I realized buying used is a better deal most of the time, but it seems like for $200 shipped it might be OK assuming the quality is acceptable. I have a 100 watt continuous acoustic head that this would be tied to, nothing fancy. This company Seismic makes a 3x10 with a horn tweeter and a 2x10 woofer only setup, both 4 ohms which is what my head is rated down to. I don't perform in a band or anything, but right now I've got two boom box speakers as drivers that are severely lacking for this task.

http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/3x10-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-with-Horn-p/sa-310.htm

http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/210-Bass-Cabinet-4-Ohm-p/sa-210_4ohm.htm

My mouse isn't hovering on the buy button or anything as it's not something I "need", but eventually I'll want a cabinet. It seems like most of the stuff I've found locally have been large 8x10 cabinets made by very reputable manufacturers and would be great for a live performer, but the price obviously reflects the quality.
  2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Not familiar with them at all, but if you search 'Seismic' in this amp section you will probably find all you want to know ... I have seen the name several times, just never had an interest ... here is a link to one thread when I searched Seismic, and it looks like there are MANY more ...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/seismic-eminence-1003139/
  3. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I have had a seismic 115 for about 2 years now ( at least?) And have gigged with it.
    It is just fine/perfect for what you are wanting to do with it. It sounds great with the accoustic series amps....and its cheap.

It is not roadworthy in the class of other name brand cabs- but its not trying to be. It isn't very loud and will be farting out LONG before the given wattage threshold.

But if you're looking for a practice cab for home or rehearsal- it will fill that bill perfectly.

I have done many many shows with mine and as long as I take care of it ( physically and volume wise) it performs fine.
  4. Abaddon9112

Abaddon9112

If you're really hard up for cash and need a cab they'll get the job done. I usually fall into the former category, so I got a Seismic 4x10 at the local music store last year in a trade for some PA speakers I had. I personally think its kind of dull sounding, they use cheap Chinese made drivers, and from what I've read the cabs aren't the most durable.

It works, but I think there are better options for not a lot more.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. phatcyclist

phatcyclist

Hmm, just like most of the threads on here there have been some pretty varying opinions on them. I just need something inexpensive that works, but not something "cheap" if I can avoid it. I saw a Peavey 115 cabinet in a pawn shop last weekend for $99 that I probably should have jumped on, oh well.
  7. 5port

5port

I have the Seismic SA115 cabinet. I bought an empty cabinet from Seismic on ebay for $100. After buying it and looking inside I needed to make improvements:

1) I added glue where it was missing in the corners.

2) I lined the interior with acoustic foam.

3) I installed an Eminence CA154 from US speaker.

Very happy now and I use mine under a 2X10. Not built to be a touring cabinet. Their drivers are a little lacking.