Has me stumped!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rhino23, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Rhino23

Rhino23

Greetings fellow low end lovers! I have a Schecter STILETTO EXTREME-5 and I have noticed some distortion when I play through my ZOOM B2.1u. This has recently started. I plug my Fender bass in and I get a nice clean sound. I have done a factory reset on the pedal and I still get the distortion. I plug the schecter directly into the amp and it sounds fine. I have changed the battery in the bass and I still get the distortion. anyone have any ideas?
  2. ddnidd1

ddnidd1

You may be over driving the input of the Zoom. Try turning down the volume on the bass to see if that's the case.
  3. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Yeah, the schecter, being active, might have a higher output than the (im assuming passive) fender. This be too much gain for the pedal.
  4. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Agreed. Turn the bass down a little if the Zoom doesn't have an input control that will address this.

If it recently started, has something changed that might affect the bass's output level? This could be anything: different strings, pickup height changes, right-hand technique changes, different EQ settings on the bass's preamp, changes to an internal trim pot (if it has one), etc.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rhino23

Rhino23

I havent changed anything and the first few months it had a very clean sound with the volume cranked. I started noticing it about 6 weeks ago.
  7. BoogieZK

BoogieZK

New battery dead? Can happen sometimes.
  8. gary m

gary m

Plug your Schecter into an amp direct and see if it's still distorted. Wondering if bass itself is source of distortion, not pedal.
  9. Rhino23

Rhino23

I tested the new battery and it is fine.... Schecter directly into amp sounds fine.... I'm beginning to think that it is too "hot" at full volume with the pedal.