1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Have any of you mixed a Tech 21 Sansamp PSA with a GK head?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Nov 6, 2013.

1. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm a diehard Rush fan and GK fan. :)I've had a 400RBIV for years and I just picked up a Neo 112 II and plan on picking up another very soon hopefully. I've been listening to the Different Stages album a bunch lately and really love the tone Geddy was getting back then with his PSA and was wondering if any of you have tried a mix of both the GK and the PSA? I love the idea of the program-ability of the PSA and I suppose I could just go into the GK's effects return but I really like the edginess and growl of the GK. i wonder if it would be overkill? I know Eddie Jackson from Queensryche used a similar setup. I'm hoping you can share your experiences.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmcAxiogJKs
  2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Done it. Awesome. My current setup is a tech 21 bassdriver into a 700rb2. I run it into the input so I get some tube-like edge from the pedal mixed with that GK punch and growl. Love it!
  3. BrentSimons

Hi Birmingham,
    Do you feel you get enough gain with the bass driver? I really like that fizzy/furry thing Geddy has going on.
  4. Solfreeman2

Solfreeman2

I use the deluxe bass driver thru my GK Rb800. I use a range of presets from finger style, pick, and overdrive. I run direct into the input of the amp. Sounds great. I DI straight from the Sansamp to the PA desk and the engineer loves the signal. I can highly recommend. I play covers so works well for a variety of sounds.
  5. BrentSimons

Nice! I would be interested in seeing some of your settings.
    Brent
  6. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Not really the tone I'm after. Might want to stick with the PSA.
  7. BrentSimons

Ah, good to know. Thanks!