1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Have you heard of Overtn Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tommy Lotus, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Tommy Lotus

Tommy Lotus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Madison Amps, Xsonics Bass Cabs, S.I.T Strings, and ESP Power Cords
    First let me say I am an endorsing artist for Overtōn Amps. I was fortunate to be one of the featured bassist at Jauqo III-X's One Day of Bass on Sept. 10th, 2011. Overtōn was one of the sponsors for the event and they supplied 2 rigs (Thankls Bill). I used the Featherweight 500 (500 watts, 4.2 pounds) and the OBN-410 (Neo, 1000 Watts). I really like the head. It was ligt, powerful and had a great tone! Fast forward, I spoke with Bill from Overtōn he allowed me to test the amp thoroughly. After 3 hours, I was sold! I have the Featherweight 500 and the OB-48. I will be getting the OBN-410 at the end of next month. Let me know your experience. If you haven't heard of them check'em out! www.Overtōnamps.com

2. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 I'm no gynecologist but I'll take a look. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Commercial FREE!
  3. abarson

abarson

They have a very interesting product lineup, but without dealership representation outside of the Chicago-burbs, or even any coverage by any of the bass community rags, I think it's going to be difficult getting any additional feedback.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    They're a young company and from what I heard from their products I think that will be changing soon.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

Not until today , they look nice and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the 200 . Are these imports ?

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Well, the prices are certainly attractive! I'm interested.

8. dannylectro

dannylectro

They look good and I read a good review of one of the Flyweights... but... no sale until I can play one (and I don't buy from Guitar Center or shop at its affiliates).

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

I think that's the logical thing to do.

And no I'm not being sarcastic.

10. Tommy Lotus

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Madison Amps, Xsonics Bass Cabs, S.I.T Strings, and ESP Power Cords
    Sorry for the broken link. Thanks Exploiter 8 for providing the correct link. I totally understand play before you pay. That is one reason I never pulled the trigger on Carvin Amps. Overton is working on internet retail (you can buy directly from them now) and they want to keep a "mom & pop feel".

11. WhoDidTheElf

WhoDidTheElf

Wow 1200 watts RMS on a 4x10? That's a mighty load of power for a 4x10...Wonder what speakers they're using...

Do like the read and black theme though, adds a sort dark touch to it.

12. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

I guess Premier Guitar magazine has reviewed one of their bass heads in a micro bass head shootout. I read the article, and it looks like this new brand might be quite promising indeed.

13. Tommy Lotus

Disclosures:
    Overton designs the speakers in their bass cabs.

14. dannylectro

dannylectro

I'm always looking for something to replace my GK400RB... I collect old ones to be sure I never run out... but the first one I ever owned is still going strong. Now I just feel stupid.

Can Overton compete with that?

15. Tommy Lotus

Disclosures:
    Only time will tell!

16. UncleDomino

UncleDomino

I like the color scheme. I hope they sound as good as they look. The Featherweight 500 is especially interesting to me. I wish there were more videos of the amp.

17. abarson

abarson

Website states that they are engineered in the USA, but manufactured in China.

18. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

Hey Thanks I was looking but didn't see it . Cheers

19. lookiel

lookiel

Bass Gear Mag had some pics from summer NAMM up on their site that made me kind of curious a fee weeks ago but I couldn't find much in terms of reviews or vids.
    Maybe Tom Bowlus or another BGM staffer had had the opportunity to hear one?

20. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes, we did check them out. In fact, they were one of our Bass Gear Magazine 2011 Summer NAMM Show Award winners. :D

For the most part, they are doing things which have been done before, but their packaging (meaning, the way they are bringing the features and performance together, and the physical layout of their units) is pretty well thought out. Best of all, their gear sounds really good! We hope to get some gear in for review fairly soon. :cool:

21. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

Tom please do a shootout with the GK MB200 and the the Flyweight 200 :bassist: