Have you seen Karma happen?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by machine gewehr, Mar 25, 2014.

1. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I'm not asking you if you believe in it or not.

I'm asking if you have seen it happen, to you or others close to you.

My personal experience and observation has been mostly opposite of Karma. You be good to people, people hurt you. You be selfish, bad to people and you're better off.

What are your experiences / observations?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The modern idea is "instant karma", where people get what's coming to them in short order.

The original idea of karma was more like points you earned for the next life, not this one.

So if karma is real, you will never see the results.

3. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I just had a deja-vu after reading this.

I guess you're right. Why am I still trying to look for the hope of finding justice on this planet anyways? Might as well spend the time drinking beer.:D

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

Yeah Machine, time to throw the towel in and give up.

Just because there is evil at work everywhere is no reason to give up the good fight. There has always been bad people and history tells us that they outnumber good people. They rise to power through ruthlessness. That's not surprising; it's pretty easy to figure out if you are a sociopath or greedy or both.

There is nothing new under the sun at all. Nothing new. Nothing.

You have to accept the fact that someone is always looking to burn you and be wary. If you choose to go dark with them it's on you. All I can tell you is if you want to have regrets when you're on your deathbed, give over. If not, stay in the light; on your death bed I doubt you will regret that people took advantage of your good nature, rather, you will be at peace that you didn't pay it forward. You took a stand.

Drunk beer with a happy heart, never a hateful one: it will poison your mind.

7. fraublugher

fraublugher

8. Technotitclan

Technotitclan Lurking TB from work

Yes. A co-worker got a cat. Then decided that he didn't like having to feed it anymore or take care of it and gave it away. Then this happened to him.

Edit: this is the latest in terrible things hes done. This was just one example of the karma that gets sent his way. Everyone that knows him thinks he is probably a sociopath.

Attached Files:

9. Ironbar

Ironbar

Do you remember the old saying, "Never a cop around when you need one"?

I was actually there to see it when we needed a cop, and he was there! It was beautiful watching that a-hole driver get what they deserved! Made the whole rest of my day!

10. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

How should one determine if the thing they're observing is the result of karma?

11. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

No. Because it doesn't exist.

12. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

It's times like this I miss Matticus, he would explain karma.

13. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Nicely put, thanks tbrid. I wouldn't be able to go dark though, it's not in me.

I probably won't have regrets in my death bed but knowing that people that pushed me into a life worse than I could have, had a better life than mine, won't help either.:p

Things like this gives me hope.:D

That, he would.:p

14. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

ABSOLUTELY!

Stopped in a market get some beer to take to a party. The guy with the basket of things at the front of the line allowed the lady in front of me to go ahead of him as she had only one item. Then, he looked at me and told me to go ahead as well. I hesitated and asked if he was sure, and he assured me that it was OK.

While we were waiting, another cashier opened up and took him immediately. The woman that was originally being checked when we walked up out was one of those that waits until everything is rung up to even open her purse, and then she had coupons, food stamps, problems, etc. and took FOREVER to finish. I watched the good Samaritan driving off while the two of us he allowed to go ahead were still waiting to check out. INSTANT KARMA!!

15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

How do you tell the difference between that being the result of the universe recording his good deed and rewarding him, rather than just something that happened?

16. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

define 'better life'.

17. paste

paste Banned

Yep he was the Karma Police around here.

18. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

I pretty much agree with you on your statment.

I wish Karma did happen and we could always get to see it!!!

But, I do believe in the statement, which is related to Karma............"What comes around goes around."

Soon or later, there is pay back. Either in the positive form or the negative form!

19. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I don't know about karma but I see doing good to others as it's own reward. At least sometimes I do see it that way and that is where I would like to be. I admit other times it is a struggle.
    I also believe that people who are selfish, greedy, self centered and harm others to satisfy themselves will never be happy. Did you ever notice that a greedy person never has enough. The things they are stepping on others to get will never satisfy them.
    That is probably not a description of karma but still I believe it is a good reason to try and love other people no matter what and not be so self centered. Sometimes it is easier than others.

20. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

Yea......what happened to him coming in here?

21. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

I've seen karma happen to myself often, always good as long as I recognize the reason for the "bad" and try to amend it.