Having trouble installing Hipshot Dtuner

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Espresto, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Espresto

Espresto

This is almost certainly going to sound silly, but I can't find any other instance of this situation online. The first step to disassembling the tuner is removing the phillips screw holding the gear in place; when I turn the screw it just turns the string post, and does not unscrew. Any idea on what the problem might be?
  2. bssist

bssist

I've never seen a tuner that had to have the gear removed to remove the machine. There should be a screw (or screws) in the machine plate that hold it to the back of the headstock. The ring around the post is either pressed in or threaded, depending on your particular machine.
  3. Espresto

Espresto

I need to take the swivel plate off the detuner to attach it to the headstock.
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant

Insert a flathead screwdriver into the opposite (string) side of the tuner and hold it.

There's at least one YouTube video showing installation, one by the man himself. Mr. Hipshot or whatever. :p
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Introduce yourself to the "hipshot bass extender" and you'll understand.
  7. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Well you have to remove the gear so what are you talking about?
  8. bssist

bssist

OP already got his answer from Immigrant. Sorry Espresto that I didn't get what you were asking. Sounded like you were still trying to remove the original machine from the instrument.