1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hawk III

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Luis Antillon, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Luis Antillon

Luis Antillon

Fellas, if somebody can share some knowledge about this...
    In 1977 I bought a sound effect somewhere in LA, called the Hawk III. It was not a foot pedal. You had to strap it to your waist belt. It required two 9 volt batteries and had 3 switches and 2 slide knobs. It gave me a sound like Chris Squire in "Yours is no disgrace" when I played thru my Ampeg B15 with 2 nice and big cabinets. Somebody borrowed it and stepped on it and broke it:crying:. I could never find another one, guess the company that made it is lost in the mist of times. I have never sounded like that again. Somebody know anything about it? Thanks in advance.
  2. thomashawk

thomashawk

3. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound

Looks to me like an early take on the idea of an onboard preamp.

Cool.
  4. Luis Antillon

Luis Antillon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-S-HAWK...GE-EQUALIZER-EQ-EFFECT-VINTAGE-/200969873595?

This is the Hawk III, which I owned back in 1976 and some idiot broke and totally ruined it for me. Guess I was the bigger idiot since I let him use it. I have been looking for it ever since and me and my girlfriend Deima ESalas finally found it. It's the best bass effect I have ever owned. I've never had anything like it. Now that I found it, I only need to find the $400 to get me a new one.