1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Headless Case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ronin614, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ronin614

ronin614

May 15, 2008
    Does anyone have any suggestion as to where I can find a hardshell case for my Hohner B2AV headless bass?

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Disclosures:
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2008
    How close are the dimensions to those of a Steinberger L/XL? There's a Steinberger hard case one can find on Anazon (and probably elsewhere) for those.

5. pastvertical

pastvertical

Sep 2, 2009
    I use a gun case for my Kramer Duke headless. Cheap and works great. Get some interesting looks when gigging at bars.....

6. I use a rifle case for my L2, and a soft shotgun case as a "gig bag" for my Spirit. I measured the bass and shopped around until I found cases in the price range I was looking at. Somebody in the "Steinberger Club" thread posted a link to a nice one he is using. Mine were cheapies, don't think they'd stand up to a baggage handler but fine for my purpose.

Am a bit worried I'll get pulled over with them in the car, or seen by an "alert citizen" carrying them to a gig or practice. Maybe I should stencil "G U I T A R" in big red letters on them.

7. 6stringpanda

6stringpanda

Aug 9, 2013
    Seriously-I gave up (one on the bay were way overpriced) and went and bought a rifle case for 15 dollars.

Even Walmart (I hate that place) has cheap gun and bow cases that work perfectly-only try to find one that doesnt have that "molded gun" look to it so you dont get weird looks or shot by the police!

8. ronin614

ronin614

May 15, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I'm trying to avoid the gun-case route. The gigbag gets enough looks.

I actually found headlessusa and they have them in stock.