1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Headphones for iRig iPhone PocketGK and others...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by miketallica315, Jan 10, 2014.

1. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Hello all,
    I'd like to get some of your thoughts on this matter. I recently switched to the iPhone from Android because of the ability to play and record with the apps available. One of the apps I'm using is the PocketGK. I really like it and it does an excellent job of capturing the signature GK tone. I really need some new/better headphones because... Well... mine just suck and really aren't meant to be used for the purpose. What brand and/or type would you recommend? You must know that I have less than $100.00 to work with. More along the lines of $60-$70 dollars. I'm looking for high output, good bass response, and good tone. What do you have for me? Thanks!

2. Geni758

Geni758

Nov 15, 2013
    South Jersey
    I'm using Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones. They have very good sound quality and they also have a built in adapter that you screw on or off so you can plug them into your iPad/iPhone/Computer or your amplifier. They cost right around $100 so you should be able to pick them up within your budget if you shop carefully.

3. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Thanks much. I've heard good things about that brand. I'm going to look into them.

4. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I found an amazing deal on the HD 280's on Amazon. $67.00. Incredible? I think so!

5. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I received my headphones last Monday or so. These are fantastic! Thanks so much for the suggestion!