headphones for Phil Jones Bass Buddy

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by kedarroy, Mar 17, 2014.

1. kedarroy

kedarroy

I have a Phil Jones Bass Buddy I use for practicing. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650's which sound great but with the Bass Buddy the bass has a tendency to distort. Can someone recommend a nice set of headphones that will work well with the Bass Buddy?

2. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

3. kedarroy

kedarroy

thanks - was thinking about a pair of Beyer DT880 but not sure if I'd have the same issues as the HD650's - ordered the Phil Jones H-850s - nice price on those as well $99, not expecting them to be as nice overall as the DT880s or the HD650s but talking to the folks at Phil Jones, the H-850's just might be at the same level, we'll see - at least they should be a nice fit for the Bass Buddy

4. lbladams

lbladams Guest

I use some $100 Sony over ears on a PJ Cub. Seem to work ok. Got'em at Echo Audio, Portland, OR.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kedarroy

kedarroy

The Phil Jones H-850's were about $100 as well - the guy I spoke too got very technical explaining power, headphones and impedance but basically high quality lower impedance headphones are a better match for the Bass Buddy than something like the 600ohm Sennheiser HD650s