1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

headphones for Phil Jones Bass Buddy

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by kedarroy, Mar 17, 2014.

1. kedarroy

kedarroy Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    I have a Phil Jones Bass Buddy I use for practicing. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650's which sound great but with the Bass Buddy the bass has a tendency to distort. Can someone recommend a nice set of headphones that will work well with the Bass Buddy?

2. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
  3. kedarroy

Jun 19, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    thanks - was thinking about a pair of Beyer DT880 but not sure if I'd have the same issues as the HD650's - ordered the Phil Jones H-850s - nice price on those as well $99, not expecting them to be as nice overall as the DT880s or the HD650s but talking to the folks at Phil Jones, the H-850's just might be at the same level, we'll see - at least they should be a nice fit for the Bass Buddy

4. lbladams

lbladams Guest

I use some $100 Sony over ears on a PJ Cub. Seem to work ok. Got'em at Echo Audio, Portland, OR.

5. kedarroy

Jun 19, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    The Phil Jones H-850's were about $100 as well - the guy I spoke too got very technical explaining power, headphones and impedance but basically high quality lower impedance headphones are a better match for the Bass Buddy than something like the 600ohm Sennheiser HD650s