Heads up on the Empress Nebulus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Michedelic, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic

The official page: http://www.empresseffects.com/nebulus.html#
    Just picked this up for my guitar rig, it's been on the street less than two months. It's a true bypass mono 'one-at-a-time' modulation tool kit. So far no bass videos, but here's Andy putting it thru the six string workout:

It could be a contender for 4-string(or 5 or 6, as the case may be); between the mix knob and the tone switch choices, there's little, if any, low end loss. It wouldn't be for everybody---it doesn't approach the more adventurous potential of the EQD Sea Machine or Iron Ether Polytope, let alone a Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus(which is my current go-to), but as a straight-ahead chorus, it's got all you need, the 3 flanger modes deliver the goods, and you can get to phase shifter by way of the vibe settings(I gave it the "For The Love Of Money" test); the 'vibrato' sub-mode is true pitch fluctuation. It has plenty of tweakable features and extras(basic tremolo, for example)and the convenience of 8 preset stations, without having to be in multi-effect menu hell. A Swiss Army knife for all your modulation needs, in most situations, that is no bigger than three Mooer pedals in a row(before the space taken up by a couple of connectors). $250-$300 street/ebay price, fairly light weight. While it's nowhere near a Strymon Mobius, it's a good basic compliment to that pedal if you're going the multi-effects separates route.
  2. Michedelic

Michedelic

I'd add that Burgs does a bit more involved demo of the features...

Also, there's an internal input gain level switch, if that's something to active pickup users.
  3. frankthetank727

frankthetank727

I was able to play one of these at the Chicago Music Exchange a while ago and I recently ended up ordering one online. If anyone is curious, I can post back here once I have it and let you guys know how it works on my personal rig at home
  4. TinyE

TinyE

yes please.