1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Headway The Band double bass pick up. NOISE!!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ivanbass, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ivanbass

ivanbass

Have anyone experienced with this pick up. I´m doing a pick up´s comparative in my RME Fireface 800 and I prefer this pick up over Realist Sounclip and Schertler Stat B (more clarity without too many mediums and highs), but make a lot of background noise. I feed it with the DI channel in Fireface, as with the others. Could it be a impedance problem? Thanks.

2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Ivan,
    Buried in the Headway EDB-1 thread, there was mention of the Headway Band Pickup. A TB member in Canada had the prototype.

Ric

3. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Ivan, is the background noise audible through the amplifier too? I found the Headway Band to be one of the truest sounding piezos that I have tried.

4. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hi Ivan, the Headway band needs to be done up very tightly to make the contact solid. If you can do that, the crackling noise will stop. It helps to let the Band relax for a couple of days on the bass, then re-tighten to fit.

Let us know how you make out - I've installed a few of those at the store and they end up sounding very good. They look a little weird, but the sound's there. ;)

5. Register to disable this ad