1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Heavy metal bands with singer's

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by tooley, Jan 21, 2014.

1. tooley

tooley

Anyone else here in a metal band with a singer who only sings? It'll be cool to share who you are, where your from & what gear you use. As where Im from there's not alot of metal bands with singer's and I like hearing new band's. If you don't like singing in metal please dont feel like you have to tell everyone and like wise if you dont like screaming.

Ill start Im in a band called Fallen Order. Were From Wellington, New Zealand and Id say were Heavy Metal with splashes of thrash and power metal thrown in there. Id list our main influences as. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Iced Earth and Manowar. gear wise I use Two fender Pbasses both american and one a 60th anniversary. I run these through a '74 marshall superbass then an ampeg 6x10hlf. I sometimes use a tech21 chorus during quite parts of song's. Weve been around for a while now and were just about to release our first ep(finally) called 'The Age Of King's'. Below is a link to our facebook page and a link to a song off the ep.

https://www.facebook.com/FallenOrderBand?ref=hl

http://www.reverbnation.com/falleno...tm_medium=thumbnail&utm_content=artist_326476
  2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    That was a requirement when we were looking for a singer. We didnt want non stop yelling. Our influences are Maiden, King Diamond, Pentagram, 80/90s thrash with a touch of black metal starting to sneak into the guitar work.

Im using Jackson basses, Amepg SVT 7 Pro and 810E cab,

Theres a link to our facebook page in my sig
  3. tooley

tooley

Sweet. Do you guys have any recordings?
  4. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core Supporting Member

Im not in a metal band. Im in a funny based mild punk band, we call our blend of music
    "Turd Core" but I love the music you guy's mentioned. So I'm going to participate and then check your link. We are "the Gerbilturds"
    I play a Gamma Alpha P bass directly into my SUNN Stage115 or sometimes I get to use my old SUNN COLISEUM with no effects.
    Now im hitting both of your links!.
  5. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum. Supporting Member

I'm in a "progressive metal" band, in the loosest sense of the term progressive metal. We're about as prog as Iron Maiden right now, but I'm trying to move in that direction. I play an Ibanez BTB1006E into a Crate head and a 4x10 Peavey cab, with no effects. Ideally, I'd run a Mesa Big Block into a Bergantino 610, but that's way too expensive for me right now.

I also sing. My philosophy is that screaming adds a layer of emphasis and anger to a part, and it loses that when it's always done, somewhat. Plus it hurts my throat to do it too much, so I try and restrict it to specific parts that need the emphasis. One of my influences in that regard is Benjamin Burnley of Breaking Benjamin.
  6. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Some live clips on our Facebook page, we are working on a few demos right now.
  7. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

i play in a heroic fantasy metal band, the singer sings as best as he can, but he's getting older and can't hit the high notes anymore. He does sing better than most guys we play with though, so that makes me happy.

i use a CIJ Jazz bass => Tone Hammer pedal => Sansamp RBI =>QSC PLX 2402 => Schroeder 412R.

I can blow those 100 watt marshalls out of the water with that setup.
  8. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures: