Hello from Duluth, MN

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Snuggz Beezar, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Snuggz Beezar

Snuggz Beezar

Hello! I've been lurking around for a while, reading P pickup comments since I've been replacing stock ones on my basses. I've been a bassist for 27 years and have been gigging for 22. I know quite a bit and have a lot to learn. I also have almost 15 years experience in music instrument retail and have owned and used an excessive amount of gear. These days, I gig less and try to scoop up as many sessions as I can. The last being Becky Barksdale's 2120 sessions. I also play in a 60s/70's style organ combo that plays Booker T and the MGs, Meters, and the like, as well as 60's B movie soundtrack tunes and our own versions of classics. My taste in basses is decidedly classic and while I respect the artistry that goes into modern, fancy basses, I usually don't like the tone. A Stingray 5 is about as modern as I can stand.

Aaaanyway. Hello to everybody and I'm glad to be here. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TalkBass mobile app

2. bassteban

bassteban

Welcome to TB. OT rocks

3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome and yes to the old tone. I use flats and foam rubber to get that double bass sound.

Country and Praise keeps me happy.

4. Snuggz Beezar

Snuggz Beezar

Yeah! Me too. I stuff foam underneath and mute even more with my palm if I needed it. I wish I would have caught onto the fretting hand muting. Some of those guys are great. I just can't seem to retrain myself.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Snuggz Beezar

Snuggz Beezar