1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hello from Duluth, MN

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Snuggz Beezar, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Snuggz Beezar

Snuggz Beezar

Hello! I've been lurking around for a while, reading P pickup comments since I've been replacing stock ones on my basses. I've been a bassist for 27 years and have been gigging for 22. I know quite a bit and have a lot to learn. I also have almost 15 years experience in music instrument retail and have owned and used an excessive amount of gear. These days, I gig less and try to scoop up as many sessions as I can. The last being Becky Barksdale's 2120 sessions. I also play in a 60s/70's style organ combo that plays Booker T and the MGs, Meters, and the like, as well as 60's B movie soundtrack tunes and our own versions of classics. My taste in basses is decidedly classic and while I respect the artistry that goes into modern, fancy basses, I usually don't like the tone. A Stingray 5 is about as modern as I can stand.

Aaaanyway. Hello to everybody and I'm glad to be here. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TalkBass mobile app
  2. bassteban

bassteban

Welcome to TB. OT rocks
  3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome and yes to the old tone. I use flats and foam rubber to get that double bass sound.

Country and Praise keeps me happy.
  4. Snuggz Beezar

Snuggz Beezar

Yeah! Me too. I stuff foam underneath and mute even more with my palm if I needed it. I wish I would have caught onto the fretting hand muting. Some of those guys are great. I just can't seem to retrain myself.
  5. Snuggz Beezar

Snuggz Beezar

Thanks, Guys. :)