Hello from Maryland

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by AceFrehleyFan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Hello all,
    I've been kind of lurking around this forum and thought I'd join, introduce myself and say hello from Maryland.
    My name is Shawn and I'm a guitar and bass addict uh I mean player. :bassist: I have been playing guitar for 31 years and bass for about 25 years. My musical influences are all rock. metal and classic rock bands from Aerosmith to ZZ Top with the original line up of KISS being my favorite band. I listen to and like to play pretty much everything except for rap, hip hop and new wave pop. Every musician has their limits!

The gear that I currently own is a 2011 Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Gold Top Studio, a 2004 Epiphone Ace Frehley Signature Series Les Paul Custom that I got N.O.S. back in 2011. Crate V100 Head and matching 4x12 cab, Marshall 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion 75th Ann. G12H's, Digitech GNX4 and a Talk Box.
    My bass rig is a 2013 Squire P-Bass that I play through a Behringer 100 watt power amp and two 1x15 cabs for stereo.

I am a stage lighting tech for a local southern rock band and lighting and sound company as well as a Microsoft certified computer nerd.

For fun and as a side job, I build talk boxes and I am a bass player in a newly formed rock/ classic rock/ new age country band.

Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Shawn

2. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp Supporting Member

Welcome. What part of MD. are you?

3. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Hello and thanks for the welcome.
    I live in Southern St. Mary's County near Point Lookout.
    Are you from Maryland too?

4. gene beauchamp

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Davesound

Davesound

Hi

I live in Catonsville Md.Near Baltimore.Welcome!

Dave

7. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

It's been years since I've been to Catonsville. I used to shop at Bill's Music.

8. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Cool. I have a friend who also happens to be a bass player that lives in Smyrna.

9. gene beauchamp

That is near me.