1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hello from Oscar Stagnaro

Discussion in 'Ask the Berklee Bass Department' started by Oscar Stagnaro, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Oscar Stagnaro

Oscar Stagnaro Berklee Bass Department Supporting Member

Hi, this is a great initiative by SB.

Hope to hear from you.

Keep grooving!

Oscar
  2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Hello. I am a fan of yours. I caught the first performance I belive of the Carribean Jazz Project here in NH on a cold January night.
    Also enjoyed Muy Caliente and still play along to get my Latin fix.
  3. Revolver

Revolver

Oscar is an incredible player, and exceptional guy.

Saludos Oscar!
  4. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Hey Oscar,

I'm a friend of Vanessa's and met you a couple of times when you were up here playing with her. I was actually just thinking about you yesterday while practising bongos (I remembered you giving a demonstration of how you would apply different percussion patterns to the bass - very cool). Hope all is well!
  5. El Spearo

El Spearo

Hi Oscar! I've been Playing Salsa and latin Jazz since i was 16 (im 38 now) on drums, and have made the transition to bass now. I got your book recently (The latin bass book) and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it. I hope you don't mind my bombarding you with questions as i progress through the book!

thanks!
  6. LM Bass

LM Bass

Hi Oscar! So nice to see you on this site. All my students must buy and study your Latin Bass book in their third term here at Vancouver Community College, it's fantastic! Thank you for your inspiration, and for this great method.
    Laurence
  7. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Hi Oscar. Great to see you here.

I remember my first lesson with you - 'Autumn Leaves' - way back in 1993. :)

Hope all is well.
  8. jcasaspe

jcasaspe

Hola Oscar! saludos de un compatriota :D
  9. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

Hi Oscar. I was a summer student at Berklee about 15 years ago and still remember a fantastic performance you did with an ensemble that opened my ears to to the world of Latin music and a whole new rhythmic palate.

I am getting back into playing after a two year hiatus spent in grad school studying business at University of Virginia and wanted to start with a refresh of music theory. Any books or resources that you feel are at the top of the list I should pick up?

Thanks in advance!
  10. Kyungsoo Hwang

Kyungsoo Hwang

Dear Maestro!

How are you?
    Thank you for teaching me various Latin Rhythms. :)
  11. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

Oscar Stagnaro's Latin Bass Book is fantastic.
  12. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Agreed! Its been huge for me in developing a better approach to latin bass playing. An excellent tool for sure.
  13. amedzawady

amedzawady

Óscar, saludos desde colombia... Aquí tienes muchos seguidores de tu técnica maestra para ejecutar el bajo. Por qué usas bajos warwick?
  14. Oscar Stagnaro

Hola, gracias por tu mensaje.
    Me encanta la música Colombiana, el Folklore es riquísimo, y la cantidad de Festivales de Musica es impresionante!
    La tecnica es la libertad que uno consigue para poder expresarse en el Instrumento, el sonido, articulación, el manejo del tiempo, precision en la ejecución, el uso de dinámicas y musicalidad son elementos esenciales en un musico.
    El Warwick me encanta por su versatilidad y presencia, tiene una rango super extenso. y buena respuesta. seguimos en contacto
  15. Oscar Stagnaro

CJP, what a great Band, I learned a lot form Andy Narrell about Caribbean music
  16. Oscar Stagnaro

THANKS!! I am working in a new Book
    NEW TRENDS IN LATIN JAZZ that will feature South American Music.
  17. Oscar Stagnaro

THANKS! The LBB was a product of many years of research, transcriptions, gigs, questions and many years of listening to the GREAT Bass Players, like "Cachao", Bobby Rodriguez, Sal Cuevas, Luizao Maia etc etc.
  18. Oscar Stagnaro

My pleasure..Keep GROOVING!
  19. Oscar Stagnaro

20. Oscar Stagnaro

WOW 15 years ago! it seemed like yesterday that performance.
    UCHIDA BLD. thanks for your message.

What info do you need , improv, reading, arranging?