1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

HelloMusic ESP 335 for $273 shipped

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Tunaman, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Use code TWEET20 for $20 off & it was $18 shipping

http://www.hellomusic.com/items/b335-5-string-stain-red

I got one as a backup beater bass

Elsewhere is $525 with no places lower I could find

Heres a clip of the 4 string that sold me on it

Worst comes to worse you put this on Craigslist if you dont like it & break even, maybe even profit selling it for $300 in NEW condition right?
  2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Not where I live. Not a prayer.

Is this Chinese? That MSRP seems awfully high for a matte MIC...but I'm astounded at the huge jump in prices on really downsourced gear these days. It's amazing. :rollno:
  3. Tunaman

My MIA basses are so expensive I dont want to risk them in all situations so its nice to have a beater
  4. kslawdawg

kslawdawg

I have an older LTD (B205?) that I think was made in Korea. Mahog body, EMG active tone circuit. I like it alot. No idea on this version, can't really tell what that finish would look like... but looks like a pretty good deal to me on the surface. Sam Ash has them for $439 "closeout".

http://www.samash.com/p/ESP_B335-5-String-Bass_1721484
  5. Tunaman

Still way lower... thanks for the info Kslaw! Appreciate it

That video sounded pretty good for a backup, serviceable for sure. I like actives with 3 band EQs with 17.5mm spacing so my options were limited, especially under $300
  6. mizzou541

mizzou541 Supporting Member

IMO you can't go wrong for < $300. ESP, Ibanez, Peavey, even Dean has very solid stuff in that middle tier. Sounds like a good deal to me.
  7. Troph

Troph Supporting Member

I ordered one of these two days ago. I have two other 5 stringers to compare it to. I'll give it a brief review when it arrives.
  8. Tupac

Tupac

Wow... that's a monster sound. I've never batted an eye to anything ESP before, interesting.
  9. Tunaman

I'm going to throw steels on it to see if I can make it my aggressive beast... if not... I have to spend more money :) ha ha