Hellomusic marking things UP for members?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Tupac, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

I noticed the sunburst Geddy Lee Jazz was $798, then I signed in, and it was $899. What gives?
  2. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Call them
  3. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Good luck with that. I suggest you do a search here and see why I would say that. Experience with HM has been, er, mixed.

There is a coupon code out there for 15% if you decide they're worth the risk.
  4. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

I've purchased a couple of things from them, including a Fender American Standard Telecaster. I've been completely satisfied with my purchases. In fact, two days after I ordered the Tele, they posted a coupon that dropped the price an additional $20. I sent them an e-mail and they refunded the $20 without any hassle. I'd buy from them again....
  5. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

I bought an Am Std P Bas for $800 and a couple of small items also. Had no problems. I'm sure others have had issues, but they treated me well over the phone.
  6. blastoff99

blastoff99 Supporting Member

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've ordered five things (separate transactions) from Hello Music, and everything has shown up promptly, as described, and otherwise just fine.

Would I order something expensive from them? Well, at this point they've given me no reason NOT to, but I realize other folks have different experiences.
  7. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

I've noticed that HM raises their prices whenever they offer free shipping or have a coupon sale. Similar to Amazon, you have to watch the pricing and buy accordingly.
  8. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

And there you have the reason for the price hike...
  9. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

lots of prices went up today and then they did a 15% off sale...not such a great deal
  10. Phil508

Phil508

I got the "Rock N Roller R6RT Mini Multi-Cart" and with shipping was less than GC and all the others. Shipped fast, no problems. I would use Hello Music again.
    But I have noticed prices staying the same after signing in.
  11. WilsonCat

WilsonCat Supporting Member

Just another reason to blow these guys off. I had 3 good orders then one bad, contacted them numerous times and never heard from them again. Just my .02 but I suggest you do business elsewhere.
  12. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Similar story here. Read their terms of service. Shocking.
  13. superbassman2000

superbassman2000

I was also under the impression that their prices changed with supply. I don't know if that's accurate or not though
  14. basslifter

basslifter

I gave them a try ordering something small....2 clip on tuners. They only shipped one and it took an inordinate amount of time. It was difficult to reach them on the missing one. They finally sent it but it took about a month when all was said and done. Yes, the prices have been weird lately. Sometimes not a good deal
  15. Epidrake

Epidrake

Shipping time is crazy long. I ordered a small amp stand a week and a half before Christmas and I'm still waiting January 12th. It was my first and probably my last purchase.
  16. fatdoggie

fatdoggie

I'd had a previously OK experience ordering something small from Hello Music, so I was willing to give them another shot.

What a mistake.

My order was cancelled without explanation when I enquired to why it had been 2+ weeks and it still hadn't shipped, despite charging my CC immediately AND confirming the previous week that my order went through just fine. To make it worse, they didn't bother to credit back my card when they cancelled the order.

I have strong suspicions that on many items you're not buying an item Hello Music has a stock of, but rather, a chance to buy one Hello Music *thinks* they might be able to get at price X from Vendor Y. They then use YOUR money to try and obtain the item that they "sold" you. If it doesn't pan out, well, you get to come to them and request a refund (which they don't issue in a timely fashion).

They're now in my "avoid at all costs" list
  17. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

I agree, much like the Groupon business model
  18. peteybass

peteybass

I have had both good and bad experiences with them. They get returns and demos from Amazon and other sources including directly from the MFG's and sell them as new. They have been careful on their wording recently with these items and neither describe them as new or used. I have also received brand new sealed items but have had long long delays and zero customer service.