1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

[HELP] Bartolini MM wiring neck/parallel/bridge?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sii.pepenk, Oct 14, 2013.

1. sii.pepenk

sii.pepenk

hey folks, i got some problem on my upgraded Cort GB75. i put Bartolini pickup J-MM on it, and little bit confuse about the Bartolini MM dual coil wiring

I use DPDT on/off/on switch on Bartolini MM and i get neck/series/bridge configuration based on Bartolini site
    [​IMG]

but i feel too much mid-low on series wiring, so i want to change it to neck/parallel/bridge configuration. the problem is i can't find this configuration on Bartolini site, anyone can give me a picture how to wiring neck/parallel/bridge configuration?

Attached Files:

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

It can be done, but it's not on Bartolini's site. This is how Lakland wires their pickups and I have done it with a Bart as well.

First, you will need a different switch..a DPDT on/on/on is what you need...I may have to double check that though but I'm pretty sure.

Then look at the switch in the Lakland diagram.
    http://www.lakland.com/tech-docs/lh-3 wiring diagram 4-07.pdf

Now I'm going from memory here, but I think the two wires that are tied together and then grounded are the wires you would use for series connection. So look back at the Bart diagram for standard series wiring and whichever two it says to connect is the two you see connected and grounded in the Lakland diagram. The other two go to the outer poles of the switch.